Our office, the Charles H. Shelton Memorial Complex, is located in Yazoo City at 2255 Gordon Avenue. Our normal business hours are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Payments may be dropped into the night depository provided at the Yazoo Valley office. Payments may be made in the form of check or money order by mail or night depository. Yazoo Valley Electric Power Association will not be responsible for cash sent through the mail or put in the night depository.
Payments can also be made at Bank Plus locations in Pickens and Tchula. Thurmonds' Store in Lexington also accepts Yazoo Valley bill payments. When a payment is made at one of these locations, these three criteria must be met:
1) Consumer must have a copy of the bill to be paid.
2) The bill must be paid in full.
3) The payment must be on or before the due date.
The automatic draft plan sets the member on a plan that will allow the amount of the bill to be drafted from a bank account on the due date of the bill.
Here’s how it works:
- You will continue to receive a monthly bill.
- The bill will be stamped "pre-paid by draft" to indicate a draft will be issued for the net amount shown on the bill.
- An electronic transfer will draft the amount of the bill from the account on the bill due date.
- Your bank statement will reflect the amount of the draft and serve as a receipt of payment.
- You may discontinue the Bank Draft Plan at any time by notifying Yazoo Valley Electric Power Association and your bank.
To take advantage of the bank Draft Payment plan, contact our office. There will be a thirty-day waiting period before the draft goes into effect.
The following agencies provide energy assistance to members who are in need. When a consumer is not financially capable of paying his or her bill, one of the following agencies can be recommended:
|Central Mississippi Inc. (CMI)||662-834-2437|
|Sunflower/ Humphreys Community Action||662-887-5659|
|Washington Warren Issaquena Sharkey Community Action (WWISCA)||662-378-5857|
|Vicksburg Community Action||601-638-2476|
|Mississippi Delta Council||